05 Feb, 2017
Edit on year Jun 19, 2018
Project has been discontinued due to Koa2 + Graphql basically can do what I plan to do. Looking back from now, I find that there are a lot to be improved for this project, luckily there are a lot of alternative out there and this project can be discontinued.
It has been awhile since I have been inactive in open-source world. Although nowadays trend is in VR, AI and iOT, API development is still needed.
Build in structure in this project
- Swagger: use
fawkesjs -s ./swagger/swagger.jsonto generate swagger document
- Express Rest Param Validation: integration with swagger document generation
- Acl (inside
- AccessToken (inside
- NodeJS has good async support that PHP lack of
- Laravel is the first choice in PHP, however NodeJS is still full of framework choices
- Express in NodeJS is good, however its too minimalist.
- Loopback is good, however personally I think Laravel structure is somehow better than Loopback - more organized
- With Typescript, we can have better type checking during development time. Convenient to develop with atom
- Name is just a symbol, its so hard to come out with a good naming
- Rust seems promising, however I'm still waiting for Hyper to implement async IO.
- git clone https://github.com/fawkesjs/fawkesjs-starter
- follow the README