27 Jun, 2015
Real time chat with Mongodb Express AngularJS Node.js
What this Repo do.
- It uses Node.js -- a web server that use a event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient.
- To make use of this non blocking attributes, we use an asynchronous non-blocking nosql database MongoDB.
- FYI, mysql and postgresql still have no good asynchronous support at this point of time.
- As a real time chat system, it has to store many data, a relational database will be too hard to scale and also to partition it easily.
- To setup this server quickly while maintaining a good architecture, we use express as a web framework for Node.js.
- Need to make sure everything is asynchronous, and use promise when needed.